Friday, June 17, 2011

East Asia 2011: Rushing forward

I know, I know... I haven't been updating this blog for a few days. Some friend even sent me a worried message asking whether something had happened to me. Do not worry, I'm fine, just traveling and doing and seeing so many things that I haven't had much time to write in this blog, or even to classify, sort out and select any of the ~1200 pictures I must have taken so far.

Since last entry in the blog, I've spent still another day in Xi'an, then travelled back to Beijing for a couple of days, managed (after some delays) to reach Hanoi, and from Hanoi visited Bac Ha and Sapa n the very North of Vietnam, cruised in Halong Bay and gone also South of Hanoi to visit the Perfume Pagoda.

Of course I'll write more detailed accounts of the visit to all those places, and probably you'll be able to find the first of them published some time later this weekend. In the meanwhile, and still talking about 'rushing forward', let me introduce you to a very characeristic peculiarity of the city of Hanoi. I refer to the fact that it's a city with a population of 7 million people which has some 5 million motorcycles registered. May be you'll thik that might be an exageration, but let me show you the afternoon rush hour and probably you'll believe it (please notice that there are even a few motorcycles using the pavement as a fast lane to beat the slow moving traffic on the road!!).









No comments: