Wednesday, September 19, 2007

SEA07: The planning


Well, if you already knew of this blog, or if you've been browsing a bit, you would remember that last year there was a long planned trip to Thailand.
 
That trip was carefully organised in advance, months in advance, getting information from different sources, guides, maps, history and  archaeology books, blogs, podcasts, the internet in general, asking friends and relatives...
 
This year's trip is different. I have friends living *there* and they have been very kind to invite me to go and visit, and of course I could not refuse!! ... I checked for flight offers and I got one that was unbelievably affordable, and that on top of that fitted exactly with my other appointments for this periode (basicaly two weddings), so I didn't hesitate much to buy the flight.



 
At some point, other things came my way, and I assumed that I could not make the trip after all, but in the end, here I am, busying myself writing the first 'chapter' of this trip, while I try to kill the 5 hours tranfer in... But no, I won't give that clue... you'll have to guess my destination...      ;-)
 

No comments: